We know that you Phandroids love apps and app updates, so we’ve been working hard to bring you just that. After many months of blood, sweat, and tears we’re proud to announce a major update to our Phandroid News app. With our app you can stay up to date with Android news, search our site for your favorite topics, find out what’s going on with the Mobile Roar Podcast, and leave insightful comments.
Version 2.0 of Android News by Phandroid brought a lot of graphical changes as well as plenty of under the hood code additions. We know that Android fans have become accustomed to a thing or two regarding Android design guidelines, so our latest update adds some much needed #HOLOYOLO over our previous iteration.
- We added a slideout navigation menu that displays all of our site categories to help you find the Android news you’re looking for.
- We’ve also implemented a nifty Cards UI, mimicking what you’ll find in Google’s arsenal of apps.
- Like a dark theme? You can now swap between light and dark themes from settings.
- You can now swipe down from the top to refresh the displayed articles or comments.
- Speaking of comments, you can easily log into our Disqus comment system with your Disqus credentials, Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.
- You can customize your notifications to stay up to date with Phandroid, choose vibration settings, toggle notification light, or sound alerts.
- Don’t have the greatest eyesight for reading on a mobile device? Why not increase your font size under our visual options?
- Find an article you like or want to comment on later? Just star it for easy access.
- Widgets. Android news on your homescreen. Need I say more?
Head on over to the Google Play Store and download the Phandroid News app. It works great on both phones and tablets.
Don’t forget to drop by the comments below and let the man, the myth, the legend (our app developer) Steve Albright know what you think. We appreciate your support and hope you love the updates: we’re trying our best to earn your 5-Star Review! Your feedback helps us continue to improve so we look forward to your comments!
- USCC gets LG G3 in October
- Android Deals: September 30th
- Moto 360 back in stock from Motorola
- Pebble gets $50 price cut