We already gave you our hands-on of the newly announced Sony Xperia Z2, and now it’s time to check out its bigger brother, the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. As the name suggests, the Xperia Z2 Tablet is simply the tablet version of Sony’s latest flagship smartphone, the Z2. Both devices share many of the same specs, such as their full HD Triluminos displays, 3GB of RAM, and Snapdragon 801 processor. Both devices also follow Sony’s now trademark design, outfitted with slim aluminum frames and waterproof design.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet specs
- 10.1-inch 1920 x 1200 Triluminos display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz quad-core CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage with microSD slot
- 8.1 megapixel rear camera
- 2.2 megapixel front facing camera
- 6,000mAh battery
- 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, MHL 3.0, and WiFi
- Android 4.4 KitKat
Merely calling the Xperia Z2 Tablet thin would be an understatement. Believe it or not, the Z2 Tab is actually thinner than its smartphone cousin by a full 1.8mm — measuring at 6.4mm vs the Z2’s 8.2mm. A testament to Sony’s engineering, Sony is calling the Z2 Tablet the world’s lightest and slimmest waterproof tablet (6.4mm/439g), pitting the Z2 Tablet against the likes of more premium tablets like the Apple iPad Air (7.5mm/478g) and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (7.3mm/469g). Although Sony was mum on pricing, we’re expecting the Z2 Tablet to be priced similarly.
In our quick hands-on, we go over some of the tablet’s main specs, showing off the tablet as well as Sony’s new NFC-equipped speaker dock. For such a little thing, it can make a lotta noise. For those curious, you can check out both in our video below.
- CM 11 M9 update released
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet exclusive to Verizon
- Best Android Tablets [July 2014]
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet pre-orders now live
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: MWC2014, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet