Sony will be at Mobile World Congress (we will too!), and they want us to know that they have something to show off. “Something extraordinary,” in fact. A brief teaser has made it’s way to the Sony Xperia channel on YouTube teasing a date of February 24th, which happens to be Monday. It also happens to be the kick off date for this year’s MWC in Barcelona.
The clip doesn’t reveal much else other than flowing red fabric and a silhouetted woman, an emphasis that likely alludes to the design aspects of whatever Sony plans to show off. The hashtag #XperiaDetails is also briefly glimpsed.
What will Sony have to show us? Our thoughts immediately turn to the rumored followup the the Xperia Z1, which just so happened to debut a year ago at the very same show. Last week we got a glimpse of a device going by the codename Sirius (and later a lengthy walkthrough video), but most expect it to launch as the Xperia Z2. This is complicated slightly by a leak from earlier this week showcasing a tablet also called the Xperia Z2.
Chances are we could see both. Chances are they both could be called the Sony Xperia Z2 (with “Tablet” being the differentiating factor). We’ll know in a few days.
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.