Heads up, party people: KitKat has arrived to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users on US Cellular. It was only this morning that Sprint users got treated to the same goods, and we imagine that folks on both carriers can expect similar updates. US Cellular’s list is a bit different, though:
- Phone Dialer: The new phone app automatically prioritizes your contacts based on the people you talk to the most. You can also search for nearby places and businesses, your contacts, or people in your Google Apps domain.
- Camera Enhanced: the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Hangouts: With the new Hangouts app, all of your SMS and MMS messages are together in the same app, alongside your other conversations and video calls.
- Just say
- “Ok Google”: You don’t need to touch the screen to get things done. When on your home screen* or in Google Now, just say “Ok Google” to launch voice search, send a text, get directions or even play a song
- Emoji everywhere: Sometimes words can’t express how you feel. For that, there’s Emoji, the colorful Japanese characters, now available on Google Keyboard.
You’ll be looking for version N900R4TYUCNAB, which should step you up to Android 4.4.2 when it’s all said and done. You have the option of grabbing the upgrade over-the-air as long as you’re connected to WiFi. Simply hit Settings > About Device > Software Update to initiate it. Otherwise, you can get it going over Samsung Kies using a USB cable. Be sure to give it a spin and let us know how it’s treating you.
[via US Cellular]