There’s something to be said about the definition of the word “mini” when 4.7-inch devices fit under that category in this day and age. That’s exactly what the LG G2 Mini is, though, with LG announcing its existence ahead of Mobile World Congress. The device obviously takes some cues from the big brother it’s named after, including that ever-so-important set of buttons on the rear.
Under the hood, though, this couldn’t be any further from what the LG G2 brought us (as is usually the case with these little guys). The specs aren’t terribly exciting, though we’re still grateful as they could have been much worse. Here’s the scoop on the specs:
- Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G) / 1.7GHz Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE version)
- Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS (960 x 540)
- Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
- Camera: Rear 8.0MP / 13.0MP (LATAM LTE version) / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
- Weight: 121g
- Network: Cat. 4 & VoLTE / Cat. 3(LATAM), HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS, NFC (4G LTE version only)
We’re a tad concerned that a 4.7-inch display doesn’t have at least 720p resolution, though we can’t quite complain about everything else (especially if LG is looking to price it attractively). The LG G2 Mini will be offered up in “Titan Black,” “Lunar White,” red, and gold, though we’re reminded that availability for each color depends on your market and carrier.
As for availability? It’ll start rolling out next month, and should be headed for the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Europe — sorry, folks, North America isn’t invited. We’re sure LG will be toting these bad boys to Mobile World Congress next week, so we’ll be seeking them out to bring you hands-on impressions. Keep it tuned to Phandroid for those goods once that time comes.
- LG G2 Mini hands-on
- LG G2 Mini teased with a hint of magenta ahea
- Next Unpacked event annouced
- OnePlus 2 registration list is huge
TAGS: LG G2 Mini