We got our first hands-on look at the original Sony Xperia Tablet Z during last year’s Mobile World Congress, so it’d only make sense that Sony would be planning to show off a followup during this year’s show. The upcoming Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet has broken its cover in a variety of leaks today, showcased on Twitter, first tastefully by @gadgetleaks using large bright red watermarks, then followed by @evleaks with his typical more tasteful watermark.
Just judging from the leaks, it looks like the device will once again be dangerously thin, coming in at 6.4mm. Yikes. Other specs include:
- 10.1-inch 1920×1200 Triluminos display
- Snapdragon 800
- 3GB RAM/16GB internal storage/microSD slot
- 8MP/2MP cameras
- 6000mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
While noting has been made official quite yet, we expect to learn more about the Z2 Tablet — along with the rumored Sony Xperia Z2 (smartphone) — during Mobile World Congress 2014 kicking off next week. How exciting!
- Xperia Z2 gets 4.4.4
- CM 11 M9 update released
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet exclusive to Verizon
- Best Android Tablets [July 2014]
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet