While not as quick as say, the Moto X, the road to KitKat for the HTC One has been a relatively speedy one. Right towards the tail end of January, Sprint became the first carrier in the US to update the HTC One to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Soon after, the Verizon Wireless version of the device joined Sprint’s in the winner’s circle.
Still waiting for the update are AT&T and T-Mobile users, but after keeping a close eye on HTC’s Reddit AMA, we learned that T-Mobile’s update is now in the final steps of its certification, and that the update will be pushed out to HTC Ones any day now. This information was furthered confirmed by HTC President Jason Mackenzie on Twitter, who also mentioned AT&T users should be expecting the update as well sometime next week.
We’ll be keeping an eye out, and if anyone notices the update hitting their HTC One, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com, or hit me up on Twitter: @Gamercore. Cheers!
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4, HTC One, KitKat