Subject of much rumor and even more speculation, the Samsung Galaxy S5 continues to be a device shrouded in mystery. We’ve posted on many of these “leaks” in the past, but rarely do we have any hard evidence to clue us in on exactly what we can expect from the device when it’s finally announced. That may have changed today…
The folks at SamsungGalaxyS5.nl have, what they claim to be, a snapshot of the back of the packaging. The back of the box, which looks to be made of the same recyclable materials as the Galaxy S4 and Note 3, seemingly confirms a bevy of the specs we’ve been hearing so much about. Here’s the entire list:
- LTE: LTE Cat4 150Mbps DL, 50Mbps UL
- CPU: 2.5GHz Quad Core Processor
- Display: 133.3 mm(5.25”) QHD Super AMOLED
- Camera: 20MP AF Camera + 2MP Front
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Smart Remote: Smart Remote (Universal Remote Control)
- Full HD (1080p) Playback & Recording
- GPS / GLONASS
- 3,000mAh Battery
We found interesting that, although the box doesn’t mention the specific manufacturer of the SoC, the 2.5GHz clock speed seems to imply the S5 will come equipped with a Snapdragon 805, and not the 800 (2.3GHz) we heard about previously. Also, worth noting is the rumored 16MP camera appears to have been bumped to 20MP. We know MP aren’t always everything, but hopefully there’s some additional tech to back up the optics.
Unfortunately, it looks like only a few of the specs were pictured, leaving out any mention of fingerprint and/or iris scanner for security. Hey, as long as Samsung brings back the IR blaster, I’ll consider it even Stevens.
- Galaxy S5 Lollipop in December?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus w/Snapdragon 805 headed to Netherlands
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play edition shows up again on official Android page
- Nexus 6 vs Competition
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S5