Well, that didn’t take long now, did it? Less than a week after Sprint was the first carrier to release Android 4.4 KitKat for the HTC One, it appears Verizon could be coming in a close second. HTC’s @moversi tweeted the good news not more than a few moments ago, letting One owners know that KitKat has been officially approved by Verizon, and that the OTA would be rolling out shortly.
Click image for larger view
HTC released the update to carriers back in January, and it’s been undergoing certification before hitting handsets. It’s possible another carrier could swoop in from now until the rollout begins on Verizon, but we think it’s safe to call it in: Verizon is the 2nd carrier in the US to update the HTC One to KitKat. Surprised?
UPDATE: The update is now live, and rolling out to customers across the US. If you’d like to see what’s new, we’ve posted images of the changelog above, or you can view the official PDF for yourself (linked below). Enjoy!
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4, HTC One, KitKat