ASUS seems to be taking another crack at a desktop Chrome OS machine as the company has announced their new ChromeBox for 2014. It reads out like a pretty decent machine for just $179, though that’s a bit understandable considering you’re not getting a fully featured computing experience here:
- Intel Celeron, Core i3 or Core i7 (Haswell)
- 2/4 GB of RAM
- 16 GB SSD + 100 GB of Google Drive storage for 2 years
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- SD card reader, 4 USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, DisplayPort and Audio Jack
- 4.88″ x 4.88″ x 1.65″
The price likely drives up a bit for the Core i3 and i7 models. The advantage of the latest Haswell chipsets is that they support 4K video, so you’d be able to get a nice, crisp experience on whatever monitor you’re using.
Then again, we imagine if you have the cash to drop on a 4K monitor at this point, then you would probably look for a more serious computer to use it with. Let us know if you’ll be snapping one of these up once they’re available this coming March.
- How To: Android apps in Chrome
- Any Android app on Chrome OS
- Android apps on Chrome poll
- Android for Chrome apps now available
TAGS: ASUS ChromeBox, Chrome, Chrome OS, ChromeBox