Just because HTC missed their target date for rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat to the HTC One here in the states doesn’t mean the manufacturer is facing the same delays elsewhere. Case in point, the Canadian version of the device which, right on schedule, is now receiving Android 4.4.2 on Rogers, Bell, Virgin, TELUS, SaskTel and WIND (Canada’s big major wireless networks).
In light of HTC President Jason MacKenzies lengthy apology letter, we’re wondering how much the US delay had to do with HTC, and how much of it was actually the US carriers and their extensive approval process. In any case, if you’ve got an HTC One and you’re living in Canada, now’s a good time to jump into your Settings > About Phone > Software update and pull that KitKat.
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Video: Snapchat's big update
- Germany approves automated cars
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4.2, HTC One, KitKat