From unlikely rumor to solid reality, it looks like we definitely are going to see this red Nexus 5 at some point in the very near future. New leaks have suggested that the alternative color option is set to launch in the Google Play Store beginning February 4th. Sprint is also expected to offer the device to their customers on-contract, though T-Mobile’s status is still up in the air.
We reckon it’d be the same Nexus 5 folks are currently enjoying right now, except this one “pops” a whole lot more. It’ll come donned with a 5-inch 1080p display, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel camera, either 16GB or 32GB of internal storage and more. You likely won’t have to pay a premium over the original $350 to $400 price tag, so get your wallets in shape and set the calendar for what could turn out to be an interesting Tuesday morning.
[via Android Police]
- Nexus 5 back in stock on Google Play
- Download: factory image & OTA zip for Nexus 5 & 6
- T-Mobile Nexus 5 and 6 getting Android 5.0.1 today
- Sprint Nexus 5 gets Android 5.0.1
- Check out the Nexus 5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus 5