We’ve all seen “that guy” at a concert, holding up his 10-inch tablet to take a quick photo. As horrible of a social injustice as this is (one that should be punishable by flogging), Sony’s upcoming QX10/QX100 lens attachment for tablets is giving this “special sect” of photographers another reason to bring their tablet out on special events.
The original attachment peaked at 75mm, leaving no way to secure Sony’s lens cameras to larger devices like a Sony Xperia Z Ultra or Nexus 7. With Sony’s new lens attachments — 6-in-all — their QX cameras can be strapped onto devices as big as 190mm wide (insert phallic joke here).
The new arms will be available for Japan in April, with a price tag of around $36. No word on a release in other markets, although we expect them to arrive shortly after the Japanese launch.
- Leaked: Sony's attachable E-mount camera sensor for Android devices
- Sony QX10 and Q100 case mounts arrive for the
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Sony gives update on Android 4.3 and Android
- Check out the Sony Xperia Tablet Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony QX10, Sony QX100, Sony Xperia Tablet Z