Word to the gaming public: NVIDIA has just released a pretty big TegraZone update that concerns even those without Tegra devices. The app is now available for everyone to use regardless of device, meaning you’ll be able to keep track of all your games across all your devices.
We imagine NVIDIA mainly made that change for folks using the SHIELD who may or may not be playing Tegra-only games, but anyone is free to take advantage. It’s a welcome addition considering the TegraZone train has slowed down a bit in recent months.
NVIDIA is also bringing enhanced controller mapping support for NVIDIA Shield players, as well as improved interfacing with Android HID controllers (for consoles, set-top boxes and other devices). Neato! Here’s what else is on tap:
- Supports Google Play Game Services – provides achievements for downloading games, submitting reviews and ratings, and spreading the word about games featured in TegraZone
- Uses your Google+ login to personalize your TegraZone experience
- TegraZone Collections will allow highlighting of special interest groups of games by feature, genre, or publisher
- Sharing shortcut icon makes it easier to share via your favorite social network
- Dynamic loading of additional content when you scroll to the bottom of games lists and news
- Archived news items are now viewable
As is usual with these upgrades, the download is absolutely free and can be had in the Google Play Store. Trot on over there to give it a spin with the vast amount of games you already have access to in a deep sea of Google Play goodness.