We’re always excited to see sub-$100 Android tablets, because we’re of the opinion that everyone should have access to mobile technology. That’s why the $99 Toshiba Excite 7 did exactly as its name says it would. We ran into this 7-inch follow up to last year’s $180 device at CES 2014, and got our grubby little hands on the device to see what that crisp $100 could get you.
What we found was an Android tablet that wasn’t bad at all. While the dual-core Rockchip processor inside, a lack of a rear camera, as well as the not-quite-HD resolution were a tad disappointing compared to the original Excite 7, we eventually reasoned with the fact that some corners had to be cut to get this thing down to the delectable price tag it’s being offered for. Here’s the list of known specs so far:
- 7-inch 1024 x 600 display
- Dual-core Rockchip processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage (microSD card slot included)
You’d probably gag at this thing on paper, but if all you’re looking for is an inexpensive education and entertainment tool for yourself or your children, it’s not a bad proposition. Be sure to watch the video above to see just how well it performs despite not being up-to-par under the hood.
- Rumored Galaxy Note 5 specs
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus press renders leaked
- OnePlus 2 experience tents bring in crowds of people
- Sony Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia M5 leak ahead
TAGS: Toshiba Excite 7