It’s the first day of CES and Samsung’s booth was packed from the windows to the wall with looky-loos trying to get their mits all over Samsung’s upcoming wares. We just gave you guys a hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy Pro tablets, but for the more active types, we were able to get a short glimpse at Korean manufacturer’s upcoming bicycles. Yes, folks — bikes… sorta.
In a partnership with Trek Bikes, Samsung looks to make bicycling just a little more smartphone friendly utilizing built-in handlebar docks for their popular line of Galaxy devices. Shown off in 2 prototype bicycles, Trek was able to design one bike with, not only a dock for the Samsung Galaxy Gear, but even pairs up with the wearable to track the rider’s vitals, speed, and various other biking data.
The other bicycle on display featured a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 dock and a special charger in the front wheel to keep your device juice up while you ride. Pretty genius when you think about it, especially for those going on long bike rides while streaming music, using GPS, Maps, etc..
Still in the concept stages, Samsung mentioned these weren’t even the final design, let alone commit to any kind of release date. This was merely a sneak peek at the future of biking, brought to you by none other than Samsung. Stay tuned for more CES 2014 coverage as it unfolds!
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Gear forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.