While Sony’s QX10 and QX100 lens cameras are compatible with most Android devices via the handy PlayMemories app, it was the Sony Xperia Z1 that saw a specialized case to quickly mount the cameras directly onto the phone. Nothing super fancy, it merely offered the Xperia Z1 protection while offering a quick and easy way to mount/unmount the camera portion into place.
For those that simply couldn’t do with a smartphone under 7-inches (you’re sick, I tell you), Sony is offering the same case mount for their gargantuan Sony Xperia Z Ultra (either the Sony or Google Play edition). The case will be available in both black or white come January, retailing for around $31. So far it’s only been announced for Hong Kong, but we imagine it wont be too much longer before they’re available via Sony’s online storefront.
- Leaked: Sony's attachable E-mount camera sensor for Android devices
- Sony Xperia themes will get more assets
- Tablet photographers rejoice! Sony has a QX c
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra now comes in WiFi-only fl
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony QX10, Sony QX100, Sony Xperia Z Ultra