Word around the water cooler is that Motorola’s aforementioned soak test for the Motorola DROID Mini, Motorola DROID Ultra and Motorola DROID Maxx will be going out over-the-air at some point today. The email delivering that good news went out to soak test participants at some point last night.
Mum is still the word on what this will be, but tons of folks are keeping their fingers crossed that it will be the same Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade we’ve seen roll out for the Moto X.
Motorola’s changed the game with getting KitKat out for their phones so fast, with the company initially beating several Nexus devices to the punch. While we imagined their DROID phones were going to take a while longer — Verizon’s a hard customer to please, after all — this was still a lot sooner than we expected.
If successful, this soak test will turn into a wide spread rollout for all owners of these three devices, though we won’t get too ahead of ourselves about that just yet — there’s no telling what sort of dangers lurk around the corner. We’ll be updating this post whenever things start rolling out. Be sure to let us know if you’re seeing it in the comments section below.
- Verizon intros Push to Talk Plus
- 2013 DROID phones get Android 4.4.4
- Motorola Android 4.4.4 update begins
- Motorola Connect gets MMS support
- Check out the Motorola DROID Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID Maxx forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.