Earlier this morning, we were tipped off to news that Motorola would begin the soak test upgrade for Motorola DROID Mini, DROID MAXX and DROID Ultra users. The company didn’t give us any clue as to what the upgrade would be after their last snafu, but our KitKat senses have been tingling ever since we heard an upgrade was coming.
Now, Verizon has taken all the mystery (and fun) out of it by announcing that it’s KitKat on Twitter. Verizon noted that the upgrade is going out in phases, which means not everyone will be seeing it right away. We imagine the aforementioned soak test gang will be the absolute first in line, though if the upgrade to KitKat on the Moto X is anything to go by it might not be a long wait for the rest.
We’ll be feverishly checking for the upgrade, but if you happen to grab it before we can be sure to let us know in the comments section below. It might be a good idea for you to get on WiFi and charge your battery before giving it a go.
- Lenovo Pocket Projector
- Alcatel Hero 2+ announced
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Google Play Services 7.0 details
- Check out the Motorola DROID Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID Maxx forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.