Press, one of our absolute favorite RSS reading apps for Android, has gotten a “huge” upgrade to version 1.5. It brings with it some very useful new features, and a good helping of new gestures to make it easier to wade through your endless timeline of news. Here’s the quick skinny:
- Immersive mode for KitKat devices — go full screen, in case you need an extra line of text or two.
- A night theme — because, you know, reading in the dark is totally a thing.
- UI polish — it already looked good, and now it looks even better.
- New gestures — swipe left, right and every other direction to get to everything you need. Includes ability to quickly mark as read and mark all articles above/below as read
- One-click saving to Pocket and Instapaper
You can see all these new gestures in action in the various Vine videos posted on the developer’s blog, but if you’re a Press user there’s no good reason you shouldn’t head to the Play Store right now and try it for yourself. Not a Press user? It just might be the best $3 you’ve ever spent if you’ve been searching for a good RSS app.
- Instagram invites media to “share a mom
- The best Android apps to use with Feedly
- Feedly Cloud is ready for Google Reader refug
- Android Milky Way