A Sony device with codename Amami recently passed through the FCC, and all indications are that the filing is for what will eventually launch as the Xperia Z1 Mini. The device, previously referred to as the Z1S, is given model number D5503.
The Z1 Mini is expected to be a variant of the Japan’s Xperia Z1f (pictured above) for the US and Europe. Pending any possible tweaks, it should feature a 4.3-inch 720p display and 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800. Most impressive, though, is a 20.1 MP camera.
According to the filing, it looks like the Z1 Mini/Amami will launch with Android Jelly Bean rather than KitKat. An official announcement could come early next year at CES.
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Video: Snapchat's big update
- Germany approves automated cars
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Z1 Mini