Verizon’s Galaxy S4 is currently receiving a relatively minor update to address compatibility with 3rd party chargers (as well as other smaller fixes). Samsung devices have been notorious for charging slower when using 3rd party chargers regardless of amperage, but new software build VRUEMK2 looks to fix that.
Other “key device enhancements” include better email connectivity, and a more consistent data connection when roaming in Canada or Mexico, and when using proxy servers. Weighing in at a hefty 329.5MB, we can’t help but wonder if there were other changes made under the hood. If you haven’t been prompted yet, you can try and pull the update yourself by jumping into your Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
- Android Lollipop on Galaxy S4
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Samsung GS4 Google Play edition removed from Play Store
- Another Samsung Galaxy S4 fire
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4