Verizon’s Galaxy S4 is currently receiving a relatively minor update to address compatibility with 3rd party chargers (as well as other smaller fixes). Samsung devices have been notorious for charging slower when using 3rd party chargers regardless of amperage, but new software build VRUEMK2 looks to fix that.
Other “key device enhancements” include better email connectivity, and a more consistent data connection when roaming in Canada or Mexico, and when using proxy servers. Weighing in at a hefty 329.5MB, we can’t help but wonder if there were other changes made under the hood. If you haven’t been prompted yet, you can try and pull the update yourself by jumping into your Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Video: Snapchat's big update
- Germany approves automated cars
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4