It looks like Verizon’s version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is due for a key upgrade soon, bringing many different changes that will both excite and disappoint you. The exciting stuff is in the bug fixes, with Big Red’s big slate bringing us the following suite of changes:
- Incoming call displays Picture Me on screen when using Call Waiting
- Handwriting data entry issue for email and SMS messages has been resolved
- Email sync issue has been fixed and connectivity has been improved
- Bluetooth Audio continues after a call is finished
- Mobile Hotspot reliability has been improved
- Samsung keyboard crash issue has been resolved
- Notification Panel responsiveness has been improved
- Connectivity and sound quality improved
As for the not-so-exciting bit? New bloatware! Users will be treated to a new MyInfoZone widget, a VMware app, an updated version of the Verizon Support & Protection app, and the Verizon Cloud app. None of this should be too difficult to rid yourself of if you’re not down with any of it. We’re not sure when, exactly, this thing is supposed to begin rolling out, but we’ll be trying to find out.
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Google Play Services 7.0 details
- Hands-on: LG Watch Urbane
- Galaxy S6’s OIS vs. the iPhone 6
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Note 3