LG has just announced the G Pad 8.3 Google Play edition, an 8.3-inch tablet that is nearly identical to the LG G Pad 8.3 already circulating the market. The difference between that and this new Google Play edition is that this one will come with completely stock, pure Android, and should be in line to get all of the latest updates (like the newly-pushed Android 4.4.2 KitKat) ahead of pretty much everyone else.
The specs might not have changed, but here they are again if you aren’t in the know:
- Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
- Operating System: Android™ 4.4, KitKat
- Display: 8.3-inch Full HD IPS WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
- Memory: 16GB eMMC
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
- Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 4,600mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 338g
- Colors: Indigo Black
LG’s original advertising campaign for the device noted how they paid special, close attention to the ergonomics. Their goal was to deliver a device that was “just right” for you by striking a key balance between screen real estate and comfort. That brought us the uncommon 8.3-inch screen size you see above.
The G Pad 8.3 has been met with fairly warm reception, with most folks happy to have a no nonsense tablet that is well-built and chock full of features. There’s even less nonsense now that LG’s custom user interface won’t be getting in the way of regular Android updates.
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Video: Snapchat's big update
- Germany approves automated cars
- Check out the LG G Pad 8.3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.