Invites are going out for a December 11th event at which ASUS will unveil the Padfone Mini. The event will take place in Taiwan.
The Padfone Mini is expected to be a smaller, (possibly) cheaper version of ASUS’ 2-in-1 device. The most recent model in the lineup, the PadFone Infinity, combined a 5-inch smartphone with a 10-inch tablet. The Padfone Mini is expected to rely on a similar setup, swapping in a 4.3-inch smartphone and 7-inch tablet. As with older Padfone models, the smartphone portion will function as the “brains” of the setup and utilize a quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor.
A major hurdle with the original Padfone sales model was pricing, expecting consumers to spend big on both the smartphone and tablet halves. The Padfone Mini could address this issue to an extent, offering a cheaper model that could have more mass appeal.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the ASUS Padfone Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ASUS Padfone Mini