It was a sad day Monday, when many hopeful Moto X purchasers woke up bright and early to see if they could get the KitKat-donning smartphone for as little as just $350 off-contract. The deals went live mid-morning, but it wasn’t long before the train completely fell off the tracks.
Motorola’s site came to a complete crawl almost instantly, and tons of customers were unable to get through the checkout process to secure their order. It was so bad that Motorola’s CEO Dennis Woodside had to come out and apologize, and Motorola had to offer up a couple more opportunities to get on the deal.
That first opportunity goes down later today at 12PM Eastern, where you’ll not only be able to get $150 off any Moto X (including Moto Maker versions), but you are also being given an extra 30% off accessories bought with the code when using the promo code THANKS.
So what do you need to do once that time comes later today? Motorola lays it all out for us:
- Go to motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
- Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
- Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
- At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
- Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.
This sounds much better than the mad dash to checkout that happened this past Monday, and should give folks plenty of time to customize their Moto X and make sure it’s just right for them. This sale will also happen Monday, December 9th, so don’t be too disappointed if you can’t get in on the fun right away. And Motorola says they’ll be offering even more stock than they originally planned for both days, so folks should have no problem getting a Moto X if they really want one.
It’s not guaranteed that the servers will be able to hold up again later today, but at least you know you won’t have to go through a lengthy checkout process if you’re able to get in. The promo code method allows them to get you on and off the server quickly, which should give you F5 fiends a real shot at this thing.
Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that things go over as smoothly as the Nexus 5 launch surprisingly went this past Halloween. Be sure to read the FAQ if you are looking for more detailed information about how the sale will work. Anyone still looking to take advantage of this deal?
- Moto X 2013 getting Lollipop in a few weeks
- Android 5.1 release notes for Moto X 1st & 2nd Gen, Moto E 2nd Gen
- Motorola phones going straight to 5.1
- Motorola says promised Lollipop update is com
TAGS: Motorola Moto X