HTC is doing it again. Not one to rest on their laurels, it appears that HTC is still going hard in the paint. updating their flagship smartphone — the HTC One — to the latest version of Google’s mobile OS: Android 4.4 KitKat.
Beginning today, those who purchased the HTC One Developer Edition or unlocked models can expect KitKat to hit your devices in time for the holidays, complete with HTC Sense (yes, this is a good thing). It’s pretty crazy when you think about it. It was only last week the Nexus 4 received Android 4.4 KitKat, along with the Google Play edition devices shortly after.
As a phone running a “skinned” version of Android, we almost can’t believe HTC has managed such a quick turn around, leaving most other guys (Samsung, Sony, LG) in the dust. Way. To. Go.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One, HTC One Developer Edition