The holiday season is nearly upon us and with that, you can expect the usual slew of deals coming out of the woodwork. The Google Play Store is no exception and beginning today, when you purchase a Nexus 7 (all models) Google is throwing in a complimentary $25 Google Play credit. If the Nexus 7 is still too rich for your blood (or maybe everyone you know has been naughty this year), then the even more affordably priced Chromecast gets a special promo as well: free HD movie rental on the house ($6 or less).
As always, there’s some fine print:
- Google Play Store credit must be added to an account by March 31st, 2014
- Once added, the credit must be used up by March 31st, 2015
- Promo codes will be emailed for purchases made online, as soon as they ship
- If Chromecast is purchased in-store, promo codes will be printed on store receipt
- Codes can be redeemed at play.google.com/redeem
Also, any hardware purchased from the Google Play Store starting today is returnable up until January 13th, 2014. For those that have just purchased a Nexus 7 (2013) or Chromecast within the last 15 days, you can return it and order another to receive the Google Play credit. Sorry, international friends. This is US and Canada only.
I guess the only question left is if purchased as a gift, will you be keeping the $25 Google Play credit (or $6 movie rental) for yourself, or generously gifting as well? Tis the season.
- Google Play credit hidden inside Chromecast app
- Chromecast Material Design update
- Android 5.0.1 now rolling out to Nexus 4, 6,
- Deal: $15 Chromecast
TAGS: Chromecast, Nexus 7 2013