Verizon could be ready to introduce a new color option for folks who spring for the Mini variant in their latest DROID lineup. Twitter leakster @evleaks told us that much with this latest press render of the device in white. It’s an interesting look for the little guy, with Motorola typically sticking to darker tones when it comes to phones in the DROID lineup.
The source didn’t have much more information to share, but we imagine Verizon will want to get this thing out during the season where “white” is usually all over the place in the northern hemisphere. With that, there won’t be much more guesswork to do, as we’ll expect this to be identical to the current Motorola DROID Mini in terms of specs. Here’s what you’ll be greeted to:
- 4.3-inch 720p display
- 1.7GHz dual-core Motorola X8 processor with quad-core graphics
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 10 megapixel RGBC camera w/ 2 megapixel front camera
- WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2,000mAh battery
With that, we can also use the current DROID Mini to get a good idea of price. It’s going for $50 on a new two-year contract right now, or about $16 per month with no down payment if you get the phone through Verizon Edge. That’s not a bad price for a device in this size range. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take long for Verizon to unleash this thing for those who long for a brighter smartphone.
[Update]: Looks like the DROID Ultra is also getting the white treatment. DROID MAXX in line too, Verizon?
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Motorola DROID Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola DROID Mini