Great news Moto X users on T-Mobile. Motorola has updated their original blog post announcing the rollout of Android 4.4 KitKat for the Moto X on Verizon to include T-Mobile as well. The update brings all the fun stuff from KitKat — new Dialer app, improved photo editing tools, enhanced camera app — along with Motorola’s killer feature, Touchless Controls. There’s a little more packed in there as well. Here’s the official changelog:
- An improved phone dialer – Now you can search for contacts directly from the dial-pad and easily see and tap on those you contact frequently.
- More gallery goodies - KitKat packs in some cool, new gallery effects—such as Posterize, Highlights, and Edges. You can even use the Draw feature to annotate your photos freehand with your finger.
- New Hangouts app – All of your conversations now in one place—texts, video calls, and other chats all together in one app. Plus, you can now send animated gifs and share your location.
- Color Emoji – For when words aren’t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
- Drag to focus and expose - An updated camera app lets you control both the focus and exposure of your photos. Simply drag your finger to set just the right exposure and focus point.
- Touchless Control - Added a new “Find my phone” command to Touchless Control. Just say “OK, Google Now-find my phone” and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it’s hiding when you’ve misplaced it nearby.
- NFC host card emulation - Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Accessory support – Moto X now supports the Square credit card reader.
We know a soak test for the AT&T Moto X has already begun, so we’re thinking an public rollout will also commence shortly. Anyone else liking this new Motorola?