We’ve got a little something for both Glass developers and users here, so listen up. For the former group of folks, Google is showing off their new Glass GDK, which will give developers a hefty suite of tools to create all the Glassware (Glass apps) they can handle.
They obviously want to get developers equipped with the tools as soon as possible as they try and get a nice catalog of apps built up for a release that should be going down early 2014. A full GDK Preview will be out soon for those who can’t wait to dig in, but the presentation above should whet your whistle while you wait for those goods. Highlights include the ability to write Glassware apps that work offline, deeper access to Glass hardware and sensors, and more.
As for users, Google also revealed some new Glassware apps from GolfSight, AllTheCooks, Strava, Spellista, IFTTT, and more. All of it can be found in the 37 minute YouTube clip above, and you can get your hands on them for yourself later today by visiting the MyGlass site right here.
- Google Glass XE21.0 update rolling out, here's what's new
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.