Yesterday, a new test build for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2’s Android 4.3 upgrade leaked, giving folks a chance to flash the goodness ahead of an official rollout. We weren’t sure if this firmware would be considered final, but Samsung decided to answer that question for us no more than a day later.
SamMobile is reporting that Android 4.3 rollouts have started for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and GT-N7105. These are the unlocked, international models of the devices, with the latter being the version outfitted with 4G LTE radios. Samsung is likely employing a staggered rollout process, so you might not be able to pull it down right away.
To add to that, you should also note that it may take a while for the upgrade to start going out to those with carrier-branded or issued devices after the obligatory rounds of testing. This upgrade brings a ton of improvements, both in terms of key bug fixes as well as Samsung’s latest features.
Stuff like Galaxy Gear support, Samsung Knox security, photo improvements and more will all be waiting for you. The full list can be found below, but if you want to jump right into it be sure to charge your phone up and turn your WiFi radios on to check for the upgrade over-the-air.
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Samsung KNOX
– Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
– Better RAM management
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop coming to Galaxy Note 2
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 gets KitKat
- Note 2 KitKat arrives
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Note 2