Everyone’s jumping on the “mini” bandwagon this year, so it’s no surprise that Sony decided to get in on the fun. The company has recently been rumored to launch one Sony Xperia Z1s, which is a mini variant of the high-end Xperia Z1 that was announced last month.
Digi-wo procured the latest shots of this thing, with the leakster putting it side-by-side with the big, older brother that it’s based on. The images don’t show much that we don’t already know, except for the fact that Sony still hasn’t learned how to get “dat bezel” down to a more comfortable, pocketable size.
The latest rumors suggest the Z1 Mini will be more powerful than any other smartphone in its class. This 4.3-inch device will reportedly house a Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 20 megapixel camera sensor and more. This is one of the first “mini” smartphones that provides more than just a mid-range or entry-level punch. The only other phone to get close was the Motorola DROID Mini, though that entire series (including the Moto X) features a toned down spec sheet.
It’s an exciting little guy, though we’re not sure when to expect its debut. We’re obviously hoping to see it sometime before the holiday season is over, though we’re sure those looking for a small phone with powerful specs won’t mind waiting even longer.
- Get a free year of PlayStation Plus when you
- Sony Xperia Z1s now available from T-Mobile i
- T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s now available for $0
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z1s for T-Mobile and So
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z1s forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.