Motorola already announced that the Moto X would be among the several phones in their lineup getting Android 4.4, and now the OEM has released a more pointed timeline for its arrival. In the Moto G announcement press event, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside mentioned that the Moto X would be receiving Android 4.4 KITKAT within a matter of weeks.
While that still doesn’t give us a great idea of when to expect it, it’s safe to say that the wait won’t be terribly long. Woodside mentioned that the newly-launched Moto G would get KitKat by the end of January 2014, so it’s safe to assume that Motorola’s flagship smartphone should be on an even more accelerated timeline.
Of course, delivery of the goods will ultimately depend on carrier testing and approval, so actual OTA dates might vary from person to person. Let’s just hope none of these guys drag their feet on getting this seriously delectable treat out to the masses once Motorola makes it ready for consumption.
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- Buy Verizon Moto X today!
- VZW Moto X available 9/26
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.