We knew the Nexus 5 would be a hot item when Google officially announced October 31st availability. The device sold out of immediate shipment orders in under an hour, with later orders being given 2-3 or 3-4 week time tables for leaving the warehouse. If you thought stock would normalize after a couple of weeks of availability, think again — the 16GB Black model is completely sold out in the Google Play Store.
The Play Store listing simply shows “we are out of inventory,” and urges customers to check back soon. It’s not surprising that the 16GB Black model was the first to run out, as its low price point of $350 attracting many eyes (and wallets). Black is also typically the most popular color option, so it’s also unsurprising that the white model is still available. Here’s the latest shipping estimates as of the time of this writing:
- 16GB Black — out of inventory, not available to order.
- 16GB White — ships in 4-5 weeks
- 32GB Black — ships in 2-3 weeks
- 32GB White — ships by November 26th
That’s a rough time by any standard, though this entire process has been much more smooth than previous device launches. We’d all love to be able to wake up one morning and see pallets full of Nexus 5 units inside a warehouse ready to ship, but these things take time to make. Be sure to let us know if you’ve gotten your device yet in the comments section below.
- Hands-on: Android 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview
- Android 5.0 Lollipop has a new screen off animation
- New Nexus 5 homepage suggests the phone will stick around for another year
- Nexus phones out of stock
TAGS: Nexus 5