There are only about 10,000 Google Glass Explorers on the planet right now. Pretty soon that number should quadruple to 40,000 thanks to Google allowing Explorers to each invite 3 friends into the program. And from 40,000 that number may soon skyrocket. Google is now allowing the general public to sign up for a Glass Invite.
Or to clarify… sign up for the opportunity to eventually get a Glass Invite.
Signing up doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get Google Glass but it will definitely give you the best shot at buying Glass early on. The signup page explains that Google is “experimenting with different ways of bringing new Explorers into the program,” and claim they’ll let you know when a spot becomes available.
This is for US residents only who will have two options:
- If a spot opens up, I want to purchase Glass and become an Explorer
- Just keep me informed about the latest Glass news
But you can still show interest in buying Glass even if you choose a different country, which residents in Canada, UK, Australia, and other predominantly English speaking countries may want take advantage of.
This signup sheet mentions nothing of price although we expect any “Explorer” edition Glass to sell for the $1500 rather than a discounted consumer amount. Either way, it’s probably worth taking the chance and submitting your name for selection.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.