NVIDIA and EVGA have just announced their Tegra Note 7, one of the first tablets based on the NVIDIA Tegra Note reference platform. This platform promises powerful Tegra 4 tablets for as little as $200, and that’s exactly where the two have priced this rendition.
The Tegra Note 7 — available for pre-order today and launching November 19th at Newegg.com — doesn’t house many game changing internals or features, but you are getting a decent buy for just $200. Aside from the aforementioned Tegra 4 processor, the Tegra Note 7 comes with something NVIDIA’s calling an “active stylus” experience, giving you palm rejection and the ability to switch between fine point and broad strokes. It doesn’t sound like a Galaxy Note-level stylus experience, but it’s not bad for $200.
NVIDIA’s also highlighting the camera capabilities thanks to the Tegra 4’s Chimera chip for enhanced video and photo taking. For video,users can record at up to 120 frames per second, giving you the ability to record silky smooth slow motion video. They also mentioned that a software update will soon enable HDR mode, which can be enabled as an “always on” experience.
While NVIDIA wasn’t interested in highlighting many other specs in this particular release, we’ve already been let in on the details about what else lies under the hood. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Tegra 4 Cortex-A15 with 72-core GeForce GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 7-inch 1280 x 800 display
- 5 megapixel rear camera w/ VGA front camera
- 16GB of storage with a microSD card slot
- Front-facing “HD audio” stereo speakers
- A Stylus with tips for chiseling and brushing
- Full stock Android (latest version)
- Over-the-air software updates from NVIDIA
- 10 hours of battery
Not too shabby for $200, I’d say. Kick your gear into high and head to Newegg’s site if you want in on what could become one of the best gift ideas for the forthcoming holiday season.
- NVIDIA’s Tegra Note 7 gets Android 4.3 Jell
- Groupon To Go is a new online food delivery service
- LG trademark suggests they may have bought Meerkat
- Download: Android 5.1.1 with WiFi Calling factory image for Nexus 6
TAGS: EVGA Tegra Note 7