Last week we gave you guys a preview of a new app called Dayframe that was soon to hit the Google Play Store. A combination of the Daydream feature introduced in Android 4.2.2 and Facebook Home, today Dayframe has officially left beta where it is now available for free on Google Play.
There are a handful of reasons why Dayframe is one of our favorite new Android apps. Here are just a few of them:
- Keeps you up to date with your favorite social networks/people/photographers
- Puts your expensive Android device to work, sleeping only when you do
- Honeycomb+ compatibility makes it perfect for old tablets gathering dust
- Hashtag tracking makes it great for parties or events
New for its public release on Google Play, develloper Cloud.TV has taken advantage of Android 4.4’s new APIs to deliver full-screen viewing into the app. Now, when viewing a slideshow in Dayframe, your device’s nav and notification bars will hide, allowing you to take full advantage of your device’s screen real estate. It’s a helpful addition and one that helps present photos unobstructed by Android’s system bars.
Cloud.TV is still keeping mum on exact details of upcoming Dayframe Prime (paid version). Our hands-on video with the KitKat optimized Dayframe can be found below, along with download links to the Google Play Store. Enjoy.
Download: Dayframe on Google Play
- Huawei Watch announcement videos
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned