When the latest round of Droid phones and the Moto X initially launched, we reported that Square Register, Jawbone Up, and other TRS (tip, ring, and sleeve) plug devices weren’t supported. Motorola told us that support for those types of devices would be coming with a future software fix. The update that hit Verizon’s Droid phones last week as well as last month’s Moto X update have resolved said issues.
At the time of this writing, Motorola has not updated their support page to reflect the recent changes. However, I can confirm that Square Register can now successfully read credit cards and the Jawbone Up is transferring data as intended too. Additionally, if you happened to have backed Pressy on Kickstarter, you can now rest easy knowing your little button will be supported when it launches in the Spring.
I don’t know about you all, but I’m loving the new Motorola, Google’s Motorola, when it comes to keeping their word.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Verizon intros Push to Talk Plus
- Motorola management shakeups inbound
- Moto X back to school deal
- Check out the Motorola DROID Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID Maxx forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.