Mark November 19th and 20th on your calendar, Google Glass fans. That’s the day Google will be unveiling the next phase of the Glass Development Platform and announcing the all new Glass Developer Kit.
Ever since the limited developer beta of Google Glass launched, Google has suggested the first shipments of consumer ready Glass would come in 2014. Recent developments would suggest they’re on track, recently unleashing a horde of Glass invites, announcing a new edition of the Glass hardware, new Glass accessories, and working on some other mysteriously exciting Glass projects. (Read more Google Glass news)
We’re not sure if Google will pull out any surprises on the 19th or 20th, but if they do, they’ll be sharing it with the world on YouTube after the event and visiting with developers in LA and NYC in early December.
This second production run of Google Glass leads us to believe the 2014 timeline is accurate, but don’t expect to see Glass on your store shelves anytime soon. I think it’s more likely that Google will make an announcement for consumer ready Glass at Google IO 2014 with a launch to follow closer to the holidays.
You’ve still got an opportunity to win a Google Glass invite from Phandroid tomorrow but you’ll have to be fast, so check in early and often!
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.