Yesterday was magical. We saw the Nexus 5 launch with Android Kit Kat 4.4 and simultaneously launched The Great American Glass Contest whereby Phandroid gives away 9 Google Glass Invites in 9 days. The Day 1 contest is still open and simply requires you to participate in our Nexus 5 Forums, but today marks the start of the Day 2 Contest, entered with a simple Rafflecopter.
If you cannot afford $1,500 for Google Glass or are an International Participant you are still eligible. In the event you win, we’ll substitute the Glass Invite with a $50 Google Play Gift Card and donate your invite to one random Android Forums member from this thread.
Day 2 Contest: Rafflecopter Contest!
- Enter using the Rafflecopter below widget, increasing your chances by completing various tasks (like following us on Twitter)
- Entries will be accepted until November 2nd, 2013 at 12:15pm Eastern
- Entries will be automatically and randomly selected through the Rafflecopter service
- Winner will be announced on November 2nd, 2013 on Phandroid.com
- Winner will be contacted through the e-mail address provided in Rafflecopter
- Winner may NOT provide an alternate e-mail address to submit for Google Glass invite unless otherwise noted or agreed upon by Phandroid staff
The Great American Glass Contest
We’re giving away 9 Glass invites in 9 days and you don’t want to miss an opportunity to score big… so check out our schedule below to see which contests are still open!
- Day 1: Nexus 5 Forum Frenzy (OPEN through Nov 4th)
- Day 2: Rafflecopter #1 (OPEN through Nov 2nd at 12:15pm)
- Day 3: Photoshop contest (tba)
- Day 4: #GlassPhan contest (tba)
- Day 5: Rafflecopter #2 (tba)
- Day 6: Developer Appreciation Contests (tba)
- Day 7: On your mark. Get set… (tba)
- Day 8: Mystery Word Hunt (tba)
- Day 9: AF Staff Appreciation (tba)
Follow these Google+ accounts to get an early heads up when contest posts will soon be going live and additional hints at how to improve your chances of winning.
Contest Rules & Requirements
- Must be 18+ or older
- International applicants and those unwilling or unable to spend $1,500 can still enter to win, but their Glass Invite will be substituted with a $50 Google Play Store gift card and their Glass invite donated to a random established forum member from this thread.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must be a US resident.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a US shipping address.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a valid E-Mail address directly associated with contest entry.
- Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the winning notification e-mail. If staff have not received a response and/or proper Glass Invite submission information furnished within 24 hours, Phandroid staff may elect to disqualify this entrant and name another winner
- Winners must prove that the E-Mail address provided for submission to the Glass Invite system is owned and maintained by the winner. Transfer or Sale of winning invite is not authorized and any attempt to do so will result in disqualification.
Contest Terms of Service:
- Contest winners are not guaranteed Google Glass hardware, they are only guaranteed that Phandroid staff will submit the furnished E-Mail address to Google’s automated invite system for current Google Glass Explorers.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand agree that Phandroid is only responsible for submitting the winners e-mail address through the Google Glass Invite system and beyond this measure, no promises or guarantees can or will be made.
- In the event that Google removes, changes, edits, disqualifies, limits, or in any way alters their Glass Invite process to prevent Phandroid.com from submitting invites or fulfilling invites, entrants shall hold Phandroid.com and Neverstill Media harmless
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify entrants at sole discretion of Phandroid staff, for reasons including but not limited to: attempting to “game” the contest, spamming contest posts/threads, creating multiple accounts, demeaning or trolling competing entries, using automated systems to improve chances, etc…
- By entering this promotion, participants agree, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, to release, discharge and hold harmless Neverstill Media, its affiliates, respective owners, and representatives from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which may arise out of participation in this promotion or out of the acceptance, use, or misuse of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges whose decisions shall be deemed final and binding.
- Google Glass isn't dead, dammit
- Google Glass getting complete redesign
- Google Q4 2014 earnings
- Google: Glass far from dead
TAGS: Google Glass