Samsung is ready to bring the Android 4.3 update to its older devices – the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3. The news came yesterday, when Samsung announced that its Premium Suite would bring forth Android 4.3, Galaxy Gear compatibility and more to the Galaxy smartphones.
The update was promised to be rolling out within a few weeks, but the first devices would get it as soon as October 28th. We know US carriers are very picky about updates, though, especially Verizon. But guess who is getting the update already? Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 owners!
We have received some reports of Verizon Galaxy S4 devices getting this update. If you have one, you will soon be able to enjoy the Galaxy Gear along with your Galaxy Note 3 friends! We honestly never thought Verizon would be so quick about this. They are the most cautious and picky with updates, so we will have to tip our hat for them on this one. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a new trend for Big Red.
Verizon Galaxy S4 update details
- Blocking Mode feature in Settings Menu
- Enabling NFC feature before using Group Play
- Samsung Knox, Security Enhanced for Android
- OS has been upgraded to Android Jellybean 4.3 OS
- Starter Mode renamed to Easy Mode
- Viewdini stub application has been removed (note: customers
who already downloaded the full application will not lose it)
- Weatherbug application “auto-refresh”
- Mobile Hotspot now works with the Data Usage Meter
- Video app crashing has been resolved
- Call audio issue while on a call and taking a picture have been
And of course, there is also Galaxy Gear support (as mentioned above). Some of our tipster are saying they are already getting the update, so make sure to keep an eye open for it.
Are you guys getting the Galaxy Gear? Even if you are not, this is a pretty sweet update!
- Verizon begins Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout f
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 is now receiving Androi
- Samsung Galaxy S line evolution in GIF form
- Galaxy S4 Lollipop ROM