Samsung has officially announced United States availability details for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids edition. According to the Korean manufacturer, the 7-inch tablet will be available starting November 10th, and will come to you for a low starting price of just $229.99. What’s more is that you can preorder the device for starting November 1st to ensure one will be waiting for you the day it launches.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is not that much different from the original Galaxy Tab 3, but Samsung is emphasizing a healthy suite of parental controls, and is making it “kid proof” with a nice protective bumper case include in the box.
Parents can not only control what their kids access, but when and for how long. Only want your kids to be able to play games for an hour per day right after dinner? You can do just that. Here are but a few of the highlights:
- Special Kid’s Interface: Easily access kid-specific content through the easy to navigate user interface, including kid-friendly apps and games.
- Kid-Friendly Games: Toca Train, Wipeout, Fruit Ninja, Disney’s Toy Story: Smash It! and Where’s My Perry? and more.
- Educational Apps: Learn ABCs and 123s with educational apps including I Learn With Ocean, Dolphin Reader, Inventions 2 and Kids Planet Discovery
- Built-In Camera: Capture moments or create movies with the 3-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. In Kids mode, the camera features fun and interactive settings that let kids add stickers or costumes to photos.
- Parental Controls: Manage a child’s tablet experience, including what content kids can access, as well as when and how long they use the tablet at one time. In addition, you can control the transition between Standard mode and Kids mode with PIN-based access.
- Built-For-Kids Case: Protect the lightweight, portable tablet from bumps and bruises with the colorful, easy-to-hold case available in orange.
The tablet isn’t going to excite the biggest of Android enthusiasts, but for $230 and with pain-free children proofing out of the box, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids could be a major hit this holiday season. Are you going to pick one up for your little ones?
- Instagram introduces hashtag emojis
- Weird HTC drug ad
- Sprint LG G2 gets Lollipop
- Nokia: we're not making smartphones