We’d heard Verizon users were being invited to a soak test for a new Motorola X upgrade, and now that test is rolling out to those who have decided to participate. We’re looking at version 159.15.1.en.US, which will bring about the following changes:
- Improved photos (color accuracy, exposure, focus speed)
- Increased accuracy of Touchless Controls
- Fixed choppy audio issue during voice calls
- Fixed issue with Motorola Assist improperly reading out texts
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience
- Added 30-day expiration date for 50GB Google Drive offer
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
We’re not sure how big this update clocks in at, but it’s always a good idea to get onto a WiFi connection and charge your battery to 30-50% to make sure things go smoothly. If you’re not in the soak test, don’t worry — Motorola usually starts pushing these things out to the rest of the herd just days later. Let us know if you were able to pull the update down, and if any of the above fixes have improved the overall experience for you!
- Buy Verizon Moto X today!
- VZW Moto X available 9/26
- T-Mo Moto X gets 4.4.4
- Moto X "Pure Edition" tipped
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Moto X