HTC has mentioned on Twitter that Sprint’s version of the HTC One would be getting its Android 4.3 upgrade today. This follows availability of the illustrious update for the developer edition, the unlocked international version, as well as the version made for folks in the great white north. It’s good news for HTC One fans who have been peeved at the fact that HTC skipped Android 4.2.
So what are we getting alongside all the goods Android 4.3 is promised to have? Sprint has the full details for us right here:
– Fixes issue where Swype does not automatically enter spaces in Exchange email
– Application Updates: Sprint Zone, Visual Voicemail
– HTC Sense stability improvements
– Updating OS from 4.1.2 to 4.3 (Minor update)
That they’re calling the jump from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.3 minor is laughable. It would be minor if folks were coming from 4.2, but alas they’re not. Regardless, the pot shots end here — the upgrade is going out over-the-air for anyone willing and able to snap it up.
Be sure to turn that WiFi radio on and see if you can pull it down by heading to the settings menu right now. Remember that this might be a staggered upgrade, so if you aren’t able to find it right away it doesn’t mean Sprint is being a big, fat meanie. It just means you’ll have to keep trying until they include your handset in succeeding waves. Head here for further update instructions if you happen to get stuck.
- The Galaxy S6 Active
- Hearthstone expansion announced
- HTC One M9's new custom navigation bar [VIDEO]
- Verizon S6 pre-sale announced
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One