One of Cyanogen Inc.’s tasks to tackle as a new company is to make CyanogenMod easy to install. In fact, they want it to be easy enough that your mom or grandmother could do it with just the click of a button. The team hopes that with Cyanogen Installer, you’ll be able to get up and running with CyanogenMod with little to no learning curve at all. To help them reach this harmony between well designed software and a great user experience, Cyanogen Inc. has opened up their installer beta program to eager testers.
To participate in the Cyanogen Installer Beta program, you must meet the following criteria:
- A camera to record yourself doing the installation
- Have a supported device (maguro, crespo, toro, toroplus, grouper, flo, mako, manta, skyrocket, hercules, i9100, i9300, d2att, d2spr, d2tmo, jfltexx, quincyatt, quincytmo, t0ltetmo, m7ul)
- Submit bug reports and feedback
If you meet the above 3 requirements, head on over to Koush’s post to let him know you’re interested in helping out. Once you’re in the beta program, you’ll get access to the Google+ Community, the application on Google Play, and the Windows CM Installer application. Good luck!
- Cyanogen: new look, new boot animation [VIDEO]
- Cyanogen CEO: change in guard coming
- Cyanogen gets a new look
- New CM12 Theme Engine options rolling out
TAGS: Cyanogen Inc