Motorola’s “Lazy Phone” ads have been a big hit since they began airing nationally a couple of weeks ago. They feature TJ Miller, a comedian who is tasked with being the proverbial “lazy phone” that has to be touched all over in order for it to do anything.
The latest entry in this series of ads has hit YouTube, with the “lazy phone” slivering its way into the backseat as he looks to nestle himself safely between two seat cushions (causing the unsuspecting driver to drive into a lake as he looks to find a gas station). Of course, another guy rolls past with a smartphone that doesn’t have to be finagled at all, thanks to Motorola’s Touchless Controls.
The campaign seems to have taken off well, with Motorola’s most popular YouTube video netting over 14 million views since it’s been uploaded. Those are Galaxy S-type numbers, and Motorola hopes it’s this sort of creative advertising — coupled with phones that have some pretty unique features — that will help them sell a lot of Moto X units both this year and next. Catch the latest ad above.
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.