During Samsung’s media briefing at IFA 2013 where they showed off their new line of products, it seems the Korean manufacturer had a few additional details to reveal about its current Android lineup.
According to a Samsung rep who spoke with Engadget, both the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 can expect the latest version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to arrive sometime in October. When it comes to the S4, the update will add Samsung Galaxy Gear functionality to the handset, so that’s a plus for those looking to pick up the smartwatch. Strangely, the Note 2 was left out of the plans, although we may hear more about its update plans later.
As always, the update scheduling was more than likely referring to international models, where handsets in the US typical receive updates a few weeks/months/years later. Where Samsung is usually first out the gate when it comes to Android updates, it seems they may trail behind HTC (for once) who has said they’d be updating the HTC One to 4.3 in September.
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.