Yesterday, Google made the best value in smartphones even more cheap — they dropped the price of the Nexus 4 by $100 for both models. That effectively made the Nexus 4 $200 for the 8GB model and $250 for 16GB.
The problem? Some folks who just bought a Nexus might not be happy about that. Thankfully, Google did something they really didn’t have to — they’re giving folks a chance to get $100 back. There are a couple of conditions that must be met:
- Your phone has to have been purchased on or after August 12th 2013.
- You’ll need to specifically request a refund from Google.
- Your request must be made within 15 days from today’s date (August 28th, 2013).
I have a feeling that won’t be a problem for most of you considering Google really doesn’t have to do this. Think of it as a gesture of good will — don’t be evil, and such. If you bought a Nexus 4 within the past couple of weeks then be sure to head over to the Play Store and request your refund right away.
- Android 5.0.1 now rolling out to Nexus 4, 6,
- Android 5.0.1 factory images for Nexus 6 and 4
- LTE Gone on Nexus 4 with Lollipop
- Chainfire roots 6 Nexus devices
- Check out the Nexus 4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus 4