Developer Sean McCracken is crackin’ away on his first game for Google Glass, Psyclops, which is described as “a 3D Space Invaders mixed with Missile Command.” As demonstrated by Kenji Castro, it’s hard not to draw some sort of comparison to virtual reality gaming and the Oculus Rift.
Glass won’t provide the full-bodied experience of that particular VR headset, but given the platform and method of control it will be interesting to see how developers blur the line. No, Glass probably won’t be the next big thing in gaming. It’s not really designed for it. Games for Glass at this point are the equivalent of getting Snake on your TI-83 graphing calculator. It can handle it, but don’t expect wonders. Where it eventually leads, though, that’s the big thing to keep an eye on.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.